[muglo] Re: Computer chairs

  • From: "Michael J Stilwell" <mstilwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:03:14 -0500

I know many chiropractors and orthopaedic surgeons that have prescribed exactly
what I suggested.

It would not hurt you to try it and the 'instability' is not of a macro nature
but micro; so fine that you may not even notice and as your stabilizer muscles
strengthen naturally you
will find that you have fewer net health concerns.

Solutions do not have to be either expensive or complex. There is no argument
the Aeron chair has won many awards.

All I am suggesting is that a simple alternative may actually work. Your hips
and kness WILL thank you for the attempt as the balls are easier to enter and
exit than almost any
chair, allow for infinite positioning and, as I said, are inexpensive.

I spent several years as a Registered Massage Therapist, founded the Canadian
Sports Massage Therapy Association and ran a Workers' Compensation rehab
clinic. Add in even
more years playing football at an elite semi-professional/ professional level
and I can guarantee that my daily discomfort is greater than any you receive
from your bionic bits.

I use an Obus Forme to supplement the support offered by my vehicle's seat but
I use my 65 cm ball daily at my desk and if my back is really hurting at the
kitchen table or
reading.

Ultimately the choice and $$ investment is yours. Never overlook a simple, cost
effective plan for a complex expensive one...unless you are a consultant :)

cheers.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm