[muglo] Re: Can Time Machine save fewer times?

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:41:43 -0500

Yes.
Download this free app to set whatever interval you want:
http://timesoftware.free.fr/timemachineeditor/

On Jan 11, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Doug Bale wrote:

Is there any way to have Time Machine save at longer intervals? The default is for hourly backups, and they not only take forever but they slow my iBook down to a crawl. I'd like to reset it to save once every six hours or so, or even once overnight. Most of the individual apps I use include auto-save anyway. I don't see anything in Preferences to alter the timing.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell