[muglo] Re: [Bulk] Re: QuarkXpress and Leopard/Snow Leopard

  • From: Regina Satorius <regina.satorius@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 23:41:02 -0400

Not sure what you mean by rebuild... XPress Tags is a coding system that
applies tags for bold/italics etc. and it includes codes for  stylesheets.
When I import the tagged text (it has to be in ascci) into Quark the
pre-defined styles along with bolld/italics etc. get applied...

Of course then I need to do more stuff do fix the styling of the fonts (if
you know what I mean, font attributes vs. proper fonts) before creating
print quality PDFs... It¹s a bit complicated but it has been done this way
since forever... That¹s why I think there must be a better way somehow.
Regina