[muglo] Re: Browsers

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muglo@Freelists. Org" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:51:22 -0400

Unfortunately this problem will never go away! As you may recall, Although
originally free, Netscape decided that browser software should be something
you pay for, something they still believe. So rather than using a crippled
version a-la Stuff-it or Acrobat 'cause who would pay for an e-mail program
when so many are available for free, Netscape now uses its product to get
revenue from advertisers and the advertisers want direct access to you...
The more accommodate Netscape is, the more money they get from web
marketers.

Mozilla-based browsers are still the only ones that allow me to view the
live traffic cam (for speed testing) at borderlineups.com on my Mac... On my
PC of course, all the browsers seem to work flawlessly on this site. I guess
that Netscape is not solely at fault... But Hell, I hate to blame Apple for
anything except the ridiculous prices!

Eurogarth in a ranty mood too!