[muglo] Re: Address information - was desktop RAM

  • From: Paul Tucknott <paulvt@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:40:48 -0400

We at Mostly Digital also ask for a name and address. It helps to put a name to
a face. I can greet the vast majority of my customers by name - it helps build
and establish a relationship.

A name and address on file has other benefits. The majority of our customers
are returning customers. We often get customers come in to purchase something
like inkjet cartridges and have no idea what model printer they have. All of
our customers purchases are on file and we can check to see which cartridges
were purchased last time or which printer they have if they purchased it from
us.

We use email addresses to inform customers of sales, new product, seminars etc.
Some customers like this information - some don't. An email address is easily
removed.

Paul
Mostly Digital