[muglo] Accessing Java Site

  • From: 'TDK' Tim Kearn <kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Canada <mac-canada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Low End PC List <lowendpclist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:51:58 -0400

Hi List,

Have been trying to accesss a site for my wife for her work.
It is a secure site (https) that I am trying to get to so she can work from
home and not go in on a Saturday!
Anyway, the link was sent in an e-mail from her work and when clicked on it
begins to load (background) and then quits. The Java Applet begins to laod
then quits at the bottom saying:
- under IE 5.1.6 it says that there was a Applet error and closed
- under Netscape 4.8 it says there was a modification error
I updated the Java runtime to MRJ 2.2.5 and am running OS 9.1.
I did try her 'old' Compaq laptop running Windows 98 and loads in fine, but
very slow with a dial-up and would very much like to use my iBook for her.
Tried different variations of the URL also, no luck and am stumped.
Don't want to think it's for Windows only! :(

TIA,
Tim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>