[muglo] Re: 2005 iMacs

  • From: Janet Michael Brodrip <jmbrodrip@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:56:11 -0500

On 22-Jan-07, at 11:40 AM, Janet Michael Brodrip wrote:

> Tee, do  you have further information  on the iMac resells please ?
Nothing yet.

> "Mac OS X hints"  suggest migration  issues between  PowerPC iMacs
> and Intel Duo Core but  not Duo 2 Core. Cannot be sure of intel
> inception date , ? 2006. I was not always  a "Turnip" but i am today.
> Thank you Michael
On 22-Jan-07, at 4:33 PM, Tee Cashmore wrote:
Not sure of your concern, but G5 iMacs were discontinued in Jan 2006,
Intel after that. If by "Turnip" you mean Turncoat (Mac to Windoze) I
am totally opposed to Windoze, but have no problem with using Intel
chips, how could I object to better speed & less heat generation?
TTFN,   TeeC

  No  Tee, Sorry  to  go off topic but  to clarify;  I am a Somerset
turnip  by heritage. I remember relatives  who  could not read.   My
own RAM deteriorated  after  prolonged surgery, so i  say I've
reverted to type .  Thus, simple things have become hard to retain .
I was a basic but dissatisfied  PC user,  at home and even more at
work. We got on better with our Radio  Shack  1 and 3s ,  until  the
PCs and IT invaded.
  I  am most pleased with the iMac, it's only problem is its'
operator. Even so it went up perfectly without my help,  as predicted.
  My Mac concern is if  i use a  non intel iMac  for backup or in a
network of 2 , i shall be  out of my shallow  depth, i.e.  if there
are some small incompatibilities. It is clear from the Mac Hints
column that the issues are solvable  but probably  not by me.
  Unfortunately I do not  grasp the jargon or the  concepts  in-spite
of considerable reading .
  Finally i appreciate all  the technical  information  provided  by
MUGLO,   Thank you Michael