[msexchange] user receiving mail for other recipients

  • From: Carl Black <CarlB@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:47:44 +1200

Hi all,
Bit of an odd one here - I've got a user that recieves internal mail
destined for other recipients, apparently at random.  I've checked
everything obvious (email addresses, SMTP settings, etc). This user connects
via POP3 only - I don't know if that's relevant at all - and can't connect
by any other means (they're outside the firewall).  It's only that user, no
others are affected.

Any ideas?

BTW - Exchange 2000, Windows 2000 w/ AD.  Mail is received for users on the
same and different OU's, but the organisation manages only one domain.

Kind Regards,
Carl Black
Technical Support Engineer
Business IT Support Ltd.