[msexchange] Re: Sending email with Outlook from other programs

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:28:37 -0400

the program requires outlook.  It looks for a specific mail profile to =
use and gets its names from the address book. It's not my program.  I =
would have used an inline mailer myself.

Greg

From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:11:38 -0400

We have a program that does some automated tasks for us with regard to =
=3D
our time and attendance software.

One of its abilities is to send an email to someone when something =3D
fails.  It can also email reports on a recurring schedule to people =3D
(like an absentee report to division managers).

This takes a dedicated pc to run the scheduling etc.  No problem, we =3D
have one ready.

When the program starts the email process, Outlook pops up a message box =
=3D
that reads:

"A program is attempting to access addresses you have stored in =3D
Microsoft Outlook, do you want to allow this etc, etc"

Then it pops up some junk about a program accessing outlook and if you =
=3D
want to allow it and for how many minutes etc.

Since there is nobody ever working at this pc, the messages never get =
=3D
acknowledged and the email never gets sent.  How can I turn these =3D
"helpful" features off so the messages just send without all the fuss?

We are suing Outlook 2000 SP3 (with all updates)  and MS Exchange 2000.

Greg

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Use the below link for Archives,
and to set your preferences.

http://thethin.net/exchangelist.cfm

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it =
now=20
FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com