[msexchange] Question about installing 5.5 over an eval version

  • From: "Hough, John" <jhough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:40:29 -0800

Couple months ago I had to re-install my exchange server, the 5.5 media we
supposedly had before I got here was missing so I had to use an eval version
of 5.5 to get up an running again.  I've since purchased new media and
updated liscenses from my vendor and now need to install the full version
over the eval version so my server doesn't stop working on 4/3.  Can I just
run the install and have everything work ok?  Or do I need to remove the
eval first, install, and recreate my information store?  Also, I'm assuming
I'll have to re-apply SP4 after install correct?  Thanks for any advice.

Use the below link for Archives,
and to set your preferences.

http://thethin.net/exchangelist.cfm