[msexchange] Re: [MS_Exchange] Retrieve email from crashed IMS queue

  • From: Glenn Barnaby <unnnooo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:13:07 -0800 (PST)

Stuart,

About a year ago we had two IMS connectors, one in
each of our two geographically apart subnets. We
didn't have to have two but in order to a cater for an
expected corporate structural change we installed the
second IMS. However the change never took place but we
left the IMS in place. Although we could manipulate
routing we never had any genuine need so we never
bothered with that. Normally messages were routing
themselves through respective Exchange/IMS where the
sender mailbox was residing. Few months back we
noticed some corruption in the IMS which despite our
efforts we could not fix. Our email  functionality was
not impaired so we just left the Exchange with the
corrupted IMS largely unused.

The IMS crash and susequent attemts to fix it had
resulted in the disappearance of the IMS service and
the instance of the connector from the Admin.

Few days ago the instance suddenly reappeared in the
Admin and that is when we noticed that some messages
were disappearing without any trace.

Now when we look at the IMCData folder we find nothing
but in the MTA folders there are several .DAT files
dated such that we believe that these are those
message that have disappeared.

I will try to move those to the functional Exchange
and see what happens.

Regards,

Glenn

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cude68u/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroup

web/S=1708298846:HM/EXP=1069130540/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupmai
> l/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=647624044>

> Terms of Service
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

> The information in this email and any attachment or
> any reproduction of this
> email is confidential and for the use of the
> addressee(s) only.
> If received in error please advise the sender and
> delete all records of it
> from your system.
>
> Racing Champions International Limited
> Hembury House, Pynes Hill, Rydon Lane, Exeter, EX2
> 5AZ
> Tel: +44 (0)1392 281 900 Fax: +44 (0)1392 213 125
>
> Registered in England No. 1634124
> A List of Directors may be inspected at the
> Registered office as above
http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Use the below link for Archives,
and to set your preferences.