[msb-alumni] Update on Me

  • From: "Vickie" <happytraveler1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MSB Alumni" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:57:02 -0700

I visited the surgeon today. Fortunately, I’m no feeling the pain I felt a
couple of weeks ago. However, the surgeon could feel the hernia. He did say
however, that it’s not going away on its own. He said that since I feel OK for
now, he wasn’t recommending surgery. But at which time I wanted surgery all I
have to do is call, and he’ll set it up. He gave me a prescription for an EKG
which he says my primary doctor can perform, before the surgery takes place.
So, I’m chickening out for now. It’ll take 8 weeks to mend, but then he said I
could go back to my regular life. Duane is treating me like a baby. He
wouldn’t let me help take things out of the truck after shopping at Sam’s. I
can understand the 40 bottles of water, which we bought two of, but bottles of
ketchup, a block of cheese, spaghetti sauce, etc. he griped at me for carrying.
so, now I’m considering having the surgery, just to get it over with. Then,
at the dinner table, Duane told me he won’t hold me back from doing things and
he’ll let me decide when it hurts. So, we’ll see how it goes, and hopefully I
won’t be in the hospital for my birthday on the 9th.
Vickie Rolison

May God bless you now, and evermore!