[msb-alumni] Tony Update Sunday, from Linda's facebook

  • From: Vickie Rolison <happytraveler1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 15:53:22 -0700

Linda Falberg Samul

2 hrsLinda's friends

Medical Update & Prayer Request for Tony:

It's been a few days since my latest updates, but basically Tony has been in quarantine at U of M, still receiving care recovering from his kidney surgery, plus the UTI, C-diff, & the January 6th diagnosis of

Covid. He's been improving in all areas, with the exception of 2 key functions of the new kidney. His hemoglobin has increased to 10, which is a huge improvement from the 7.5. Hemoglobin reading when he was re-admitted on 1/6. His sodium was very low at that time, which also caused him to be a fall risk, as well as increasing the chances of a grand mal seizure. That's back up to safe levels. His PT & OT will be clearing him for transfer to the rehabilitation center, hopefully in South Lyon, not far from our condo. But, U of M may have him transfered to the rehabilitation floor of the hospital. We'll find out more after one more mountain to climb.

This is where the prayer Request comes in. Tony's new kidney is working, however, there is concern regarding his Creatinine & BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) levels, which are way too high. Although his GFR is at 22%, which continues to increase, the nephrology team is stumped as to why the kidney appears to be functioning, but not in the Creatinine & BUN levels. Therefore, tomorrow morning, Tony will be undergoing a biopsy on his new kidney, to see what the cause it. The hematoma that was removed Christmas Day, during a 2nd surgery after the transplant, was supposed to be the fix. But it appears there's an issue there, so the biopsy will give more information than an ultrasound, which isn't showing why the Creatinine & BUN haven't decreased into the acceptable references ranges for a new kidney recipient. We know God's still with Tony, as he recovers, & will be with him tomorrow, during the biopsy, which will give the team answers, as to how to proceed next. As always your prayers are welcomed & appreciated as Tony continues to power through, on the road to recovery. His new gift was meant for him, & just needs a little help adapting to it's new home in Tony's challenging, yet remarkable body. Tony has always been a medical puzzle, but comes across that finish line as a medical miracle. And with your continued prayers, this will happen. We appreciate all the out pouring of, replies, posts, comments, phone calls, texts & especially for your love, support & prayers. Thank you so much, & I'll give Y'all a report, as soon as I get answers.❤️🫂🙏🙏

Sent from Mail for Windows

To send a message, msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe to the list, send an email to: msb-alumni-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject line. To unsubscribe msb-alumni-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject line. Online, searchable archives of this list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/msb-alumni