[mountainmilers] Sunday run in the sun?

  • From: Tom Hahn <tomhahn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:44:18 -0700

Hey all... First, a big congratulations to everybody at the Groom Creek Classic today. Great to see so many MM's out there doing so well, in what looked to be big fields in all the races. Hopefully (Ken?) that was a good turnout and amount raised for the GCFD and it's charity partners...

So, tomorrow (Sunday), since Groom Creek is now in the books for this year, and since the temperatures are clearly dropping, I'm thinking a run from the north end of the Peavine sounds good (see maplink below).

https://www.google.com/maps?q=5598+Side+Road,+Prescott,+AZ&sll=34.63619699999822,-112.40460134057649&sspn=0.01188112819077502,0.027379001827359185&t=m&hnear=5598+Side+Rd,+Prescott,+Arizona+86301&z=16

That end of the trail is also pretty scenic, but much more sunny that Groom Creek, and gets away from the crazies coming down the road at you on Senator Hwy!! Also, I don't think at that end of the trail there is a charge (yet?) for parking.

I'm planning on doing a long, slow recovery run from the north end of the Peavine (off Hwy 89) tomorrow (Sunday), starting at 7:30.

See you in the sun...
Tom

Any problems or questions about this mail list feel free to contact fieroc4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx