[mountainmilers] SATURDAY DECEMBER 4th RUN

  • From: dave zelman <trifivelover@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:28:53 -0800 (PST)

Drove out Perkinsville Road today eleven miles. Its a wide nicley maintained
dirt road  road starting at about 4 miles out. At 6 miles the road is marked
every mile with sign's. I marked it at 5 and 10 with yellow caution tape.
The Chino Valley trailhead for the Peavine is about 1 1/2 miles from the park
if
anyone is interested in that.
Anyway it's about a 25 minute ride from the park out 11 miles.The run is a
gentle down hill from there with a few gentle hills in between. My definition
of
gentle is just that, gentle.
The start is at an elevetion of 5275' down to 4675'. the low point is about
4450' where it drops down at the collage and comes back up. THAT is the
steepest
climb of the run. But if I can do it, anyone can.
The weather was sunny and about 38', no wind. A zipp up hoodie may be in order
for the run  that you can tie around your waist.
Ken and Karyn have agreed to do aid stations and shuttle us out to the start.
Say at 4 and 8 miles. If you have anything special you want and don't want to
carry, they will hand it to you as you scream on by.
HOPE to see as many of you as possible especally all the Chino people.

Dave