[mountainmilers] Night run

  • From: J D SKRIPKO <cactusjon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:48:59 -0600

"On the dry and dusty road...the nights we spend apart, alone.  I need to get
back home, To cool, cool rain.  I can't sleep an I lay and I think...the night
is hot and black as ink.  Oh, God I need a drink...of cool, cool rain!" * Last
Sunday with a 1/4 mile to go before the end of the workout at Groom Creek, my
left hamstring tightened up.  It is a lower strain, just above my knee.  I ran
1.5 on the Peavine trail onWednesday night before it tightened again.  There
has been lots of stretching, Tiger Balm, and swimming since then.  Tonights run
 in the dark was fun, and my leg loosened up after about a mile.   I don't
think I will be ready to run on Sunday morning.  Thanks for the invite, Terri!!
  Maybe next time. *from Quadrophenia,  The Who Cactus Jon