[mountainmilers] Man (and Woman!) vs. Horse results 2011

  • From: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 01:13:31 -0400 (EDT)

Below are the official results from Man (and Woman) vs. Horse Oct 1,  2011.
 My hat is off to all of the finishers - way to go!  I  highlighted our
group runners and a few special  friends...

Working top to bottom
-Jim Pullaro - 1:56/ Nice to see Jim back from injuries - he has been
working with us at the track.
-Stephen Muller - 2:13.  Stephen had a little downtime too and is  coming
back.
-Kari Mastracola - 3:33.  Kari is a strong hiker - assume she walked  but
she did it.
-Brigette Scheiss - 4:25 and first female in the 25.  I think she said  she
had a recent leg problem but when she puts on the running gear - all bets
are off she goes into rocket mode.  Congrats Brigette.
-Christina Robertson - 5:32. Concert pianist fresh off a smoking Imogene
Pass race!
-Dawn and Kathi - 6:00 Nice to see two more morning group runners that I
caught just before the 16 mile aid station!
-Patricia  Wiercinsel - 7:07 - The better half to Wayne Coates, Patricia
and Wayne recently  moved here from Tucson and are no strangers to long
distance running.   Welcome to our group!
-Matthew Brown 7:53 finished 2nd in the men's 50 mile with an awesome
time.  Doubt that anyone would remember he came out and ran with us a time  or
two...Keeps getting FASTER.
-Noel Kingston 9:27 ran a super race...he passed me while I was  getting
lost and/or falling on the Grapevine somewhere between 10 and 12 into  the
race. Great run Noel!!
-Mark Hellenthal 10:24 - the madman from PHX.  The improvement in  Mark's
running since I first saw him more than a year ago has surpassed anything  I
could even believe.  He is running so well.  Super run Mark!
-Shawna McKenna 11:08 - The highlight of my day was getting to run with
Shawna from 20-22...she caught up to me at 20 (why I was ahead of her is a
mystery).  If there is a nicer person anywhere or anyone that smiles as  much
as Shawna - I want to meet her. If you need a pick-me-up - just talk  to
Shawna.  She was also coming off something of a reduced  training period but
she ran super as always.  I will always look up to  Shawna for many reasons.
Thanks for hanging with me.
-Dan Kaspar - 11:31.  Dan is a friend from the 24 hour FANS race in
Minnesota.  He almost always logs 100+ miles and finishes in the top  5.  Dan,
Mark and I pretty much ran together for the first 9 miles.   Dan left me then
got lost after 16.  Caught me at 20, fell back and  then popped up again at
32 as I was dropping out - the altitude and reduced  training for Dan also
slowed him but hey he logged another ultra finish!   For the record - Dan
lived in PHX for several years and I believe one year  finished 4th in the 48
hour "Across the Years" race where he logged something  like 248 miles...Dan
is the energizer bunny and star runner.
-Wayne Coates 11:55.  (I am skipping Dana and Tandi for now).   Also saw
Wayne as I was leaving 32 and he looked fresh as a daisy.  Just  another day
at the office as he keeps racking up ultra's - nice job Wayne!
-Tandi Gaul and Dana Frank 11:53.  I saved the very best for  last.
Without any hesitation, Dana is the star of the  race.  Her first ultra and she
took on one of the toughest 50's  on the planet. I caught up to Dana and Tandi
at the mile 29 aid  station and they gave me encouragement at a time when I
needed it.   Tandi has finished this race in 11 hours - she is a strong
distance runner and  yet she hung with Dana all day to help her.  How cool is
that?  Tandi  exemplifies why I like ultra races, your support includes all
of the runners  too.  Tandi you are awesome - I still remember you giving me
a hug at the  finish 3 years ago.  Dana - thank you for worrying about me.
You are the star of this years race.  I want your  autograph!  What an
accomplishment...and also one of the nicest runners on  the planet.  Dana Frank
ultra-marathon runner.

12  Mile Run
Place
Name