[mosnet] MOSNet v1.0 is released

  • From: Pavel Fedin <sonic_amiga@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mosnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:16:40 +0300

 Hello, everyone!

 It is here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=133480&package_id=171550&release_id=397968
 The archive split into several parts for your comfort. You can
install only those parts you want to have. usergroup.library is needed
for ixemul.library (and all networking software which uses it) and
also some native server software. Pure native client software
(IBrowse, AmIRC, YAM, etc) don't need it.
 Server parts (currently there are DHCP server and relay agent) are
untested so they have version number 0.1. If you need them don't
hesitate to try and give some report.

 2 Christoph Poelzi: your problem is fixed, not MOSNet should not put
offline the SANA-II driver if it's used not only by MOSNet.

 And now some words about the future.
 Now the project is able to move forward in any direction you would
like. Some tasks can be done on a free basis, some of them (large
ones) require some sponsorship.
 A free projects (will be done by me in any case):
 1. TCP protorol upgrade to support T/TCP and window resizing.
 2. Configuration editor.
 3. Implementing missing miami.library functions - is done per
 request. If you find some software which generates "Not implemented"
 messages in the syslog, please tell me about this and it'll be fixed.
 A projects requiring bounty sponsorship:
 1. Total stack code upgrade based on recent NetBSD code.
 2. IPv6 implementation.
 3. PPP (+ PPPoE, PPTP) implementation. Requires co-developer with
 ability to perform excessive testing.
 4. Development of new network driver interface, probably based on
 current BSD driver API.
 5. Implementing some other protocols (IPX? Appletalk? What else can
 be still in use today?)
 A volunteer-based projects (requiring volunteer work, other
 conditions depend on who takes them):
 1. Porting to any other Amiga-alike (well, why only Amiga-alike, may
 be some embedded?) operating systems.

 Also i would like to tell some words about my other current projects
besides MOSNet. Currently all this is a free work but any support is
appreciated of course. :)
 1. Development of S3 video card driver for AROS/i386.
 2. Continuing development of other parts of Unmorphos project
 (trackdisk.device, updated CLI tools).
 3. Porting AROS to m68k macintosh platform (PowerBook-150 laptop).
 4. Writing a bootloader capable of running MacOS X on the Pegasos
 natively.

 The following sponsored services are also possible:
 1. Writing some another protocol stack: IrDA, FireWire or BlueTooth.
Two latter require also hardware sponsorship in addition to money since
i have no devices.
 2. Hardware-sponsored writing of drivers for MorphOS and AROS. You contribute
me some hardware and i code support for both platforms (if
appropriate).

 If you're interested in one of these projects/services please don't
hesitate to contact me.

 I would like to thank all #MorphZone members and bounty team
coordinators for their belief, patience and great support. Also thanks
once more to Genesi for the ODW they've sent to me last year.

--
Kind regards,
 Pavel                          mailto:sonic_amiga@xxxxxxxxxx