<MP>Sunday, 04 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:53:10 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    :    O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S
Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish
Illustrated by Saint Pat's School 4th Graders

You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination of Conscience and
even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Lenten regulations are there too, along with
a complete schedule of Services and Activities.  Be sure to visit our
ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE CROSS.  I've written them for children and adults
alike.  They've been newly illustrated this year by the 4th Graders at our
own Saint Patrick's School and are available in English and Spanish as well.
Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

M A R C H    S A I N T S

Two very important Saints have Feast Days in March ...

   Saint Patrick on March 17th
   Saint Joseph on March 19th

Visit our Saint Patrick and Saint Joseph Pages for lots of good information
on these great Saints.  You might consider joining me on our October 2004
Pilgrimage to Ireland too, and start getting excited about visiting the Land
of Saint Patrick!  Just follow the banner links from:

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

One of the scribes asked Jesus, 'Which commandment is the first of all?'
Jesus answered, "The first is, 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord
is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all
your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second
is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other
commandment greater than these."  ~Mark 12:28-31

The elimination of selfishness is the key to happiness and can only be
accomplished with God's help.  We can start out with spark of God's spirit
but large amounts of selfishness.  As we grow and come in contact with other
people, we can take one of two paths.  We can become more and more selfish
and practically push out God's power and influence in our lives, or we can
become more unselfish and develop our spirituality until it becomes the most
important thing in our lives.

I pray that I may grow more and more unselfish, honest, pure and loving. I
pray that I may take the right path this day and every day.

Marilynn asks prayers for a special intention. Ron requests prayers of
thanks for the safe return of his son from Iraq and that their soon to be
born child is healthy. Laura asks for prayers to heal her broken heart &
have the strength to carry on with her life. Member asks prayers for a young
wife and mother with cervical cancer whose husband is serving in Iraq.

Grandmother asks prayers for grandson who is going to "death metal" music
concert March 4. Helen-Ann asks for healing  for herself and another friend
with  teeth  which  are still not healing despite doing root canals. Luvina
requests prayers for victims of the recent tornado outbreaks -- also for her
family members and herself.  Lisa asks prayers for her friend who is in the
hospital with pneumonia.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.