<MP>Monday, 08 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 16:52:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
(Portugal, Spain and France) Nineteen are currently signed up.

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. For complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
No "Phishing!"

It's another scam, called Phishing.  All these folks need is a bite or two
and they can become very wealthy, at the expense of you, the "Phish!"  They
send a e-mail saying somebody has been trying to access your account or give
another reason.  They ask you to log into their Web Site and give bank
information, Social Security numbers, passwords, etc.  If you click on the
link they send, which you SHOULDN'T do, you'll see that you're at a
different Site altogether.  It will look exactly like their site though. If
you submit the information you've given them all the tools they'll need to
steal your identity, wreck your credit rating and steal your money.
Financial institutions don't use e-mail to get information from you.  If
you're in doubt, call them, or log into your account they way you normally
do.  But "don't" click on that link sent by the Phishers!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Jesus said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and
rest a while."  ~Mark 6:31

God can work through us better when we are not hurrying.  We can go very
slowly, very quietly, from one duty to the next, taking time to rest and
pray between.  We need not be too busy.  We can take everything in order. We
can venture often into the rest of God and we can find peace.  All work that
results from resting with God is good work.  We can claim the power to work
miracles in human lives.  We can do many things with God's help.  We can do
good things through God who rests us and gives us strength.  We can partake
regularly of rest and prayer.

I pray that I may not be in too much of a hurry.  I pray that I may take
time out often to rest with God

I pray that I may choose the right.  I pray that I may have God's blessing
and direction in all my efforts for good.

Ron asks prayers for his daughter (aged 49), who has incurable cancer. Bill
asks for prayers of thanksgiving for favors received. Ivy asks prayers for
her boyfriend who's having slow healing from his cancer surgery. Tom from NJ
asks God's healing for his brother-in-law who had a stroke, that he recover.

Leeanne is asking for prayers for a successful chemo treatment for her
sister who has lung cancer. Liz asks  prayers for her friend and her husband
whose unborn baby may be lost. Teresa asks for prayers for her niece who is
a diabetic and is in intensive care after having her leg amputated.

Edna asks prayers for safe Pilgrimage for group going to Lourdes May 9-18.
Reader asks for prayers for herself who is in a deep depression and can't
seem to get over it. Ann asks prayers for Fr. Pat's Cat-Bugle Boy and all
those who are suffering from some kind of ailment. A member asks for prayers
that her father's eye surgery this week may have a successful outcome and
that the healing process is as easy for him as it can be.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.