[MCA list] Jan Thaw and Grand Prix and Mid Winter

  • From: "DANIEL MC*COURT" <MCCOURTDJ@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "montana chess" <montana_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:35:33 -0700

Here's wishing good weather for all who are traveling to Helena this weekend.
Nine of us are coming from Missoula.  I will be directing and don't intend to
play unless we need a houseman.  If everything holds as I expect it will, we
should have 15-18 woodpushers crowding into the Thaw playing site.  With 8 paid
from Missoula, it's a dead cinch to pull in the 10 we need for grand prix
qualification.
  Speaking of the MCA Grand Prix--remember, the top two get qualified for the
MT closed next fall.  Here's some unofficial totals so far:
26.9---Tim Hamilton--Reedpoint
14.5---Jim Skovron--Great Falls
10.2---Brent Lashinski--Helena
8.7---Dean Drake--Florence
8.7---Dan McCourt--Missoula
8.7---Ted Catton--Missoula
7.6---Ed McLaughlin--Anaconda
7.6---Steve Scarff--Bozeman
6.1---Bill McBroom--Missoula
   In other news, Steve Scarff is dealing with a medical issue and won't be
available for the Midwinter event in Bozeman.  Looks like it will be Dan
McCourt directing that event unless someone else can volunteer.  Please direct
questions and entries to me at the address in various places on the website and
on the hard copy tournament notices recently mailed out.  We will update the
MCA website with this information in the next day or so.  We will try to update
everyone on how Steve is doing when more information becomes available.  Please
keep him in your thoughts for the next couple of weeks.
  I hope to see many of you Saturday,
  Dan McCourt