[moneytalks] MT's future?

  • From: Greg Epley <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Money Talks <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:27:20 -0500

Now that I've noticed in a recent post that one, or the one, developer of MT is active on this list, I have a legitimate concern I'd like some feedback on.

Are there ever going to be any updates to the MT software to resolve the check
for updates issue and/or the issue I reported having with the restore feature?

This isn't just an issue with these items I and others have noted. 32-bit
applications aren't likely going to be supported forever. I spent $40 in good
faith that I'd be able to use MT for the next 20 years or so, as opposed to
being forced to ditch it and move to something else when MT will no longer run
as a result of not keeping up with technology changes.

Granted, none of us may need MT in 20 years, but given that no updates or bug
fixes or whatever one wants to call them seem to be forthcoming, and I'm on a
limited income, I'm legitimately concerned about my investment. Every
indication I'm getting points to APH not standing behind this product they're
selling, and/or the same with the product developer(s).

I'm not trying to be a pain about this. It would just be nice to know someone
is going to keep MT going into 64-bit and so on going forward, and that
features which don't seem to work are going to be addressed. I use plenty of
freeware apps whose check for update feature works without a hitch, and while I
did resolve my own restore problem, not every user is as technically
adventurous as I am.

No rush on getting back to me on this. I very much appreciate all the work
which went into the development of MT. I consider it a godsend to help the
visually impaired manage their own finances to the greatest degree possible.
Just wondering about the future.

-Greg Epley