[moneytalks] Beta: Hotkey idea for "by selection" for greater flexibility

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:36:17 -0500

Hello all,

Can a hot key like ctrl+s be implemented so that once a person selects a sequential group of transactions, they can immediately press the hot key instead of having to navigate the menus? Furthermore, under the View menu, one can hit the letter O to immediately activate the "by selection" command, but when using the AT&T Mike voice, you don't hear this. You get this info when using Window Eyes, for instance. There are a number of these letters that one can hit once a menu is activated, the AT&T speech doesn't tell you that. For instance, under the View menu, L wil activate Layout, F activates Font, and R activates "Recurring transaction". I think these letters are called Accelerators, not sure. It is true that a person can relatively quickly use the "by selection" command by pressing alt+v then o, but using the AT&T speech, you wouldn't know this shortcut. A hot key would be even quicker, requiring less memorization. I suspect that getting these accelerators to speak is a different issue than implementing a hot key for "by selection".

Thanks much.

Steve