[mom-beta] Re: can't open any of the new scenes

  • From: Mathieu Leclaire <mleclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: momentumbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:05:21 -0500

That's not good. But that's weird that it used to work in 2010 but not in 2011. Keep us posted. I can always add a little pressure on support from my side if you need me to. The more they get bugged, they push the issue higher on the priority list.

-Mathieu

Helge Mathee wrote:
This is a crash in the core of XSI. It doesn't even crash inside my own ICE nodes, I will get the beta of 2012 and test it there. In case it doesn't work there, I might
be able to get a fix from Autodesk

I think Momentum is pushing the ICE sdk in ways it hasn't seen before. :)

Damn. This could become a road-block for Momentum.

On 1/26/2011 19:40, Helge Mathee wrote:
fantastic. I can repro the crashes. There has to be some sort of incompatibility with 2010 and 2011.
I will fix that tomorrow. it is probably related to the ice sdk.

thanks for the heads up. This is a big bug. :-)

On 1/26/2011 19:37, Helge Mathee wrote:
2.0.36 just has a fix for a crash with ice based constraints.

I have tested these only on 2010. Hang on...

On 1/26/2011 19:37, Mathieu Leclaire wrote:
Scene 40 crashes Softimage when I press play
Scene 41 (the first one, 41_ICE_Constraints.scn) freeze the Softimage view ports and maxes out one cpu Scene 41 (the second one, 41_ICE_Constraints_Motors.scn) crashes Softimage on load
Scene 42 freeze the Softimage view ports

I'm using Softimage 2011 SP1
I tried version 2.0.35 and 2.0.36 (What's new in that version btw?)

-Mathieu