[molions] Mid-South Golf Tournament

  • From: "J.Y. Miller" <j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Molions <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:15:26 +0000 (UTC)

Fellow Lions and Friends:
The Mid-South Lions Golf Tournament is only a few weeks away.  On Friday=2C=
June 5 we'll tee it up at the one of the best courses in the Memphis area-=
Cherokee Valley Golf Course in Olive Branch=2C MS=2C to help raise money to=
help the sight and hearing impaired.  The course is only a couple of miles=
south of Memphis just off U.S. Hwy 78 and Goodman Road (see attached map).=
  We have some good sponsors for the event so far=2C and will be featured o=
n area Comcast cable channels=2C as well as WHBQ radio to get us some good =
publicity...for the tournament and for Mid-South.
We need your help to make this a most successful event.  As you already kno=
w=2C finances are very difficult during the summer months as Lions Clubs mo=
stly do not have many fund raising events.  Our Freedom From Blindness even=
t has been very successful in helping us to maintain a positive budget duri=
ng the summer=2C but we really need the golf tournament to help us sustain =
surgeries during the summer.
The golf tournament brochure is attached for your use.  Please distribute i=
t to as many golf locations as possible in your area.  And if you believe i=
t's just too far to come to play in our event=2C how about sponsoring a hol=
e or one of the events listed in the brochure.  This should be funds that a=
re above and beyond your normal budget for Mid-South.  Maybe some of your m=
embers would enjoy a trip to Memphis to play in the tournament (Hot Springs=
Village Evening Lions Club members have already entered a team=2C and they=
're over 200 miles away)=2C or volunteer to help with the tournament=2C and=
maybe even attend the annual membership meeting on Saturday=2C June 6 at t=
he Hamilton Eye Institute. There are a lot of ways to make a great weekend =
while visiting the Memphis area.
Please consider helping support our summer efforts to provide sight and hea=
ring to those in need by getting involved in our golf tournament. And if yo=
ur club can't do a Freedom From Blindness special fund raiser=2C you can he=
lp us with our special fund raiser. =20
And for all clubs that Mid-South participates in and/or supports YOUR golf =
tournament=2C here's your chance to support ours.
Thanks so much for your continued support.
Together in service=2C
Brad BakerCEOMid-South Lions
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE ON YOUR MAILING LIST=2C YOU DO NOT HAVE TO =
BE A LION TO PLAY IN OR SPONSOR THE GOLF TOURNAMENT. THANKS!
             =
J. Y. Miller j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        http://www.jymiller.net