[molions] Important Date Change and info

  • From: Brad Baker <midsouthlions@xxxxxxx>
  • To: MO LIONS Network <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 16:39:49 -0500

Fellow Lions and Friends:
Due to a scheduling conflict, the 2015 Mid-South Lions annual membership
meeting date has been changed to June 5-6, 2015 in Memphis.  The Mid-South
Lions Golf Tournament will also be held on Friday afternoon, June 5 at Cherokee
Valley in Olive Branch, MS.
Please make a note of this and change any and all Mid-South Lions calendars to
reflect this important date change. The HQ hotel will still be the Comfort Inn
Downtown Memphis at 40 N. Front St.
The third quarterly meeting date is March 13-14, 2015 in Memphis.
The dates of the first quarterly meeting of 2015-2016 are pending and will
either be July 31-August 1 or August 7-8, 2015 tentatively set for the Hilton
Memphis Hotel.  We will update you as the information is confirmed.
And for scheduling purposes, please keep April 10-11, 2015 open for Lion
Leaders Weekend.  I have attached a brochure for this event so you can begin
recruiting Lions to make the trip.  We will have the brochure and announcement
on the website shortly. The HQ hotel will be the Holiday Inn Express at 1180
Union Ave and reservations will be handled through the Mid-South Lions office.
Cost for the rooms will remain the same as the last two years ($105 for one
night and $190 for two nights).  On Saturday, April 11, the Redbirds are in
town and we may try to arrange a meeting at the ballpark that evening for those
staying over.  I'll have more details on that later.
Finally, it has been an extremely "dry" summer for donations.  If your club has
funds budgeted for Mid-South and is able to part with them now, we really are
in need of some cash flow.  Anything your club can spare now will be greatly
appreciated.
And if you have not renewed your annual Booster Club membership, please
consider renewing now at a higher level or joining the Champions level (check
the website www.midsouthlions.org for details).
Again, please make sure to change all your Mid-South information to reflect
these dates.
Thanks again for all you do to help.
Together in service,
Brad