[molions] Gmail users please read

  • From: "J.Y. Miller" <j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:03:53 -0700

Lions

The information below is for those users who have their e-mail through Gmail. I
don't believe that any other service has this issue. In other words, if your
address looks like this: yourname@xxxxxxxxx, then this information is for you.

Today, a member told me that they never saw their own posts appear on the list.
Since I have set the lists for all users to see their own posts, I did not know
what could be wrong.

A search of my host company's webpages turned up this information. It only
refers to those of you who have Gmail addresses:

"When you send mail to any group or mailing list you subscribe to, Gmail
automatically skips your inbox and archives the message to save you time and
prevent clutter . The message will appear in your inbox if someone responds to
it or if there is an error delivering the message. If you'd like to view your
message, you can find it in SENT MAIL or ALL MAIL."

Personally, I LIKE to see my posts appear so that I know that they have posted.
However, Gmail has taken this option away from you. Thanks Gmail.

That does solve that issue, however. Gmail users do not see their own posts,
but they should be in your SENT MAIL folder.

J. Y.

J. Y. Miller                j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        http://www.jymiller.net