[molions] August Meeting Notification

  • From: Brad Baker <midsouthlions@xxxxxxx>
  • To: MO LIONS Network <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:36:24 -0500

Fellow Lions and Friends:
Attached is the agenda for the August 7-8 quarterly board and business meeting.
The Hilton rooming deadline is July 17, please call them to make your
reservations. As you know the auction is also included in this important
weekend. Lion Lynn Tune and the fundraising committee are working diligently
to make this auction great. However, you are the key component in this effort.
I'm writing to you even as I enjoy a few days on vacation to show you the
importance of this event to the success of Mid-South Lions. The auction
provides much needed funding for the entire fall. As you may know, Lions Clubs
don't do a lot of fund-raising projects in the summer and therefore, don't send
much money to Mid-South during that time. However our bills and patient needs
continue at the same rate as other parts of the year.
This means that we need every Lion in our four-state area to do their very best
to gather items for the silent and live auctions. We need every Club to buy an
ad in our auction program. We need for as many people as possible to attend the
auction as workers and bidders. Please call the office to reserve your auction
tickets. They are $80 each and a table of 8 is $640. I certainly understand
that we ask a lot of you, but I hope you also understand that we depend on you
and your club's generosity to provide the finest care anywhere to the sight and
hearing impaired in YOUR area.
Many other Lions organizations have ways of raising revenue outside of Lions
contributions. Whether it's the sale of tissue, collection of tuition, return
on investments or other means, these organizations have revenue streams that
are not available to Mid-South. Our Lions contributions are the financial
lifeblood that our patients, and yes our administrative expenses depend upon.
Let's all work together to make this auction the most positively memorable
fundraising experience for all of us. We're counting on you, just like we
always do. You continue to do a great job of coming through when the heat is
on, and I have no doubt that you will come through in a big way again. Together
we continue to make a great positive difference in the lives of those in need.
Thanks for all you do, and for all you continue to do.
That's the pregame motivational speech for now. I'm going back on vacation. I
really hope to see you next month.
Together in service,
Brad