[modular-debian] Re: Progress report - week 6

  • From: Steve Litt <slitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 18:14:29 -0500

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 12:54:10 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yet another direction is toward other distributions.
> I've always been interested in Gobo. I'll need a virtual
> machine for testing, and have just encountered aqemu, which
> look pretty amazing front end for qemu.

Last night I installed Porteus Linux on an experimental machine.
Porteus is based on Slackware, with all that implies. The package
manager isn't nearly as good as apt-get, but it's workable, and unlike
Slackware itself, installation is fairly easy. Tonight I'm going to
take a look at Porteous' VM capability.

Porteous isn't the distro of my dreams, but it just might be the distro
to lead me away from my worst nightmare.

SteveT