[modular-debian] Re: Fw: forks, derivatives, other distros - what are you thinking/doing

  • From: "Go Linux" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "golinux@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 08:29:58 -0800

On Thu, 11/6/14, Steve Litt <slitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [modular-debian] Fw: forks, derivatives, other distros - what are you
thinking/doing
 To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Cc: "Didier 'OdyX' Raboud" <odyx@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 10:11 AM

Hi all,

I've forwarded this message from a guy named Didier, who once again is
suggesting we all go in our own little room and preach to each other.
I keep most of my Debian emails, and my archives tell me that Didier
has posted only eight times to the list. His first Debian-User post
that I see is October 14, less than one month ago. *Every Single Time*,
he posted either some sort of netiquette metadata, or lightweight,
no-tech support of systemd. Not once has he solved somebody's technical
problem.

Pretty ironic that *he* tells *us* that we're offtopic and to take it
elsewhere. Perhaps he should post to Debian-Netiquette. If I were
allowed to post there, I'd point this out.

As a matter of fact, I think I'll copy him on this email.

SteveT

IMO it's a waste of time and energy to engage an ass like that.  Just let
Didier go diddle himself without providing an audience.  But then your style
seems to be hand-to-hand combat . . . which unfortunately never accomplishes
much of anything.