[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] RE: [modeleng] 3½ versus 5

  • From: "Jem Harrison" <Jem.Harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:19:55 +0100

Alan,

I have been impressed by  Maisies I have seen in steam.  Although Atlantics
do not appeal to me, I can see why this has been such a succesful model
engineering design: LBSC's practical approach (Inspector Meticulious has to
play second fiddle to Curly Gottowork); a big boiler with plenty of steaming
capacity; a wide firebox to overcome the confines of 3½-inch mainframes and
maximise heat production; a Spartan cab that facilitates access to the
controls.

I have read the book.  Maisie has to be up there with Doris as a design for
serious consideration.

Best wishes,

Jem