[modeleng] Re: Welded Copper boilers

  • From: Kenneth Swales <kenwillowbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:01:28 +0100 (BST)

Hi

I TIG welded a copper boiler some years ago for a
project that had to be put on the shelf for a few
years.  When I next got the boiler out, most of the
joints had cracks along them.  At the time of welding
the thoughts of the other welders as well as my self
was that I'd done everything correct and it was a
wonderful job.   I'm only pleased that the project was
shelved because I don't like to think what could have
happened.

Stick to silver solder!

Ken