[modeleng] Re: Water treatments

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:11:55 +0100

Hi Patrick,

We use rain water at my local club, keeps the boilers clean but remember to
filter it so as not to clog your injectors up. The preserved railway I work
n had severe problems with boilers due to water treatment so be careful,
they now use reverse ovmosis plants that are expensive but have aleady paid
for themselves. It is worth having a word with some chemists on how to
neutralize the lime.

Dave.