[modeleng] Re: Replacable Tips now silver solder

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:53:04 +0100

Hi Harry

I can't argue on that one, after all the leading boiler making expert in the
UK (Alec Farmer) advocates cooling the boiler with a watering can fitted
with a rose. I guess all the professional boiler makers must quench their
boilers, they would take too long to make otherwise. The point I was making
that (from what I've heard) if you have used silver solder from a dodgy
source, you run the risk of cracking when quenching.

Regards
Ron