[modeleng] Re: Polished Track

  • From: Peter Sheppard <peter.sheppard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:50:56 +0100

The outer rail will only start getting "polished" if the speed around the curve
is sufficient to provide the centripetal force.  I suspect at low speeds the
outer rail will probably remain dull.

So, try going around a bit faster :-)

On the other hand, if the speed is too fast then the flanges on the inside of
the outer rail may cause the tread to lift up slightly and reduce the contact
force.

So try going a little slower :-)

Cheers

Peter