[modeleng] M.E.N.D. Loco / Model Security

  • From: "Pendragon" <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ME List" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:02:26 -0000

Greetings all,
I have been following the thread re vlue of models and the need for some
sort of data base, have alook at the M.E.N.D. at the following URL.

HYPERLINK "http://www.menduk.org/"http://www.menduk.org/

The MEND site is supposed to be for mobile telephones but there is no reason
why anything else with a serial number cannot be registered.....personal
stereos, binoculars etc, steam engines!

What makes this so good is that Police services have access to M.E.N.D. and
can check if any item registered has been stolen or not.

A loco / model serial number could be made up from a postcode ie] AB1 8YZ
and include a house number ie] AB1 8YZ 10

During manufacture I have taken the trouble to hard stamp my own serial
number into various parts of the loco, some visible some not. I have also
photographed the locations of the areas of identification just in case.

Failing all of the above register your mobile phone anyway.....oh forgot to
mention it's all free so should go down a bundle with Model Engineers,
having short arms and deep pockets and all.

Regards IP

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
HYPERLINK
"http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm"http://www.kinvermes.pwp.b