[modeleng] Kew and so forth

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:44:33 -0800 (PST)

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, I subscribed to
a most informative publication that came from the Isle
of Mann.  It was called "Light Steam Power" and I
thoroughly enjoyed its periodic arrival in the mail,
and through it, I learned much about British steam
power and history.  But, alas, it ceased publication
some years ago!  Like so many other good things, it is
gone.  That is why I am so very delighted that someone
has cared enough about the early Industrial History
that they have preserved engines such at Kew and other
historical places throughtout the country.  In all
probability, I will never get to see any of them, but
I certainly do enjoy reading about them!!

Al Messer