[modeleng] Injectors (and other things!)

  • From: The Sheppard Residence <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:34:26 +0000

Phil,

I read the e-mails with great interest as I was having great problems
with the brand new injectors on the Hunslet.

I have now replaced one of the hexagonal bodied injectors with a JC
injector, about 50% more expensive, but having just spent the afternoon
at Lackham playing with the engine, so far 100% reliable!

I intend to print out the "wisdom" with regard to the noises and
overflows in injector that you wrote as a guide to what is happening
with the injector and keep it with me until I understand these damn things!

Also on a positive note (apart from a safety valve sticking and the
pressure valve union leaking, "The Widow" ran extremely well, kept up
pressure and had a super fire for most of the afternoon!

She will hopefully be in service on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday when
we open to the public again.

Happy Easter

Cheers

Peter