[modeleng] Ga1 experiments. Does LBSC "Tich" *0.66

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:49:14 -0500

At 10:22 AM 7/26/04 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi there Harry, Your Tich*0.66 may already have been done by LBSC himself.
>Rich.

All,
     I'm sorry for not responding sooner . . . . the subjct line contains
an " = " which I filter because of past worm-laden emails which carryied
that in the subject line.  These are automatically sent to my virus dump
and I am not aware they have arrived until I check the virus dump.  I am
familiar with Small Bass but IMHO it is not a reduced TICH, the frame is
different and the overall proportions are VERY different.
      It is inconceivable to me that at some point in time someone in the
UK Ga1 community has not done a Half-Tich.  My feeling is that it would be
absolutely doable, and that it would be no less powerful or
steam-productive than the least of the other small commercial locos on the
market these days.  I have souces who will know and I will ask if one has
ever been done and admitted to publicly.

Regards,
Harry