[modeleng] Re: Favorite tools

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:16:04 +0100

It depends if you are talking hand tools, or machinery.

With machinery, I would always have said my lathe. It has done so much and
is fun to operate. However, the shaper is such a fantastic machine that I
could spend ages just watching it do its stuff.

As for hand tools, A couple of years ago I bought a diamond file set at one
of the exhibitions.
It is wonderful!
I tend to use it for tasks that it was probably never intended for, such as
sharpening spades and garden tools (the coarse insert) through to polishing
steel (fine insert) in situations where I would have used emery before.
It is supposed to be indestructible, and does seem to be.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.