[modeleng] Re: Changewheels

  • From: Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:04:18 +0100

Hi Terry,
     Thanks again for your link to "CHANGE.ZIP" - I am not sure I
understand the note starting with "05/21/05"

     It has been quite a few years since I have unzipped a file. I am
surprised to find that Windows of various shades have the unzipping
program built in.   I have downloaded and unzipped the Changewheel
program.   I haven't got the hang of it yet - particularly how you set
up the list of gears that you have available and how you instruct the
program that you want imperial threads,  or metric threads.   I am sure
a little playing with it will show me how to do this.

     I won't be able to play with it for some days as I am going up to
the Midlands in order to visit a fellow model engineer,  and then we
will both go off to the Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition.   This
involves a couple of days travel on National Express buses.   Lets hope
that the rain isn't too bad for the sake of the car-park at the
exhibition site.

             Cheers,

                 Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.