[modeleng] Re: Boiler water treatment

  • From: "Patrick Coppens" <sb286643@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:29:47 +0200

Alan,
From my "chemical days" I remember a way of making soft and clean water for
mechanical purposes.
The tannin you speak of can be bought in shops that sell stuff for
homebrewing (beer,wine)and I bet this is a lot cheaper than the outlet you
spoke of.
Add to that one or two tabs of collodial silver (Boots sel them as H2O
purification tabs) and the water will be ok for use in any small boiler.
You could als use wild chesnuts (the ones that are not edible) and boil a
handfull of them and use the H2O.
If this H2O treatment is a serious problem to some of you, I have plenty of
old books that give several ways of treating H2O for use in (full size)
steam plants.
just let me know....

Patrick