[modeleng] Re: Alternatives for sleepers Jarrah now OT

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:00:39 -0000

Jabrock is a hard wood grown in the Philippines.
Not too common now as so much of all woods there have been depleted.

Lignum is, I believe, from a south American tree.

As for wood for roads, I once came across the amount of wear on wooden roads
in London, and added it to my website as the sort of trivia that might
interest someone.
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.