Re: [MoAccess] recording with the ES

  • From: Rainee <sayhello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:25:44 -0500

Thank you loads for your help. Just seeing what I can do. Doubting this computer would make the best recordings, but I figured it was worth playing with, anyway.

On 3/8/2010 10:08 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Rainee:

First of all, Audacity is an audio multi-tracker. It's midi support, if it has any, is flimzy and basic. I'm assuming you just want audio anyway.

If you want to get audio from your Motif ES into a sound card, then you can, of course, do this with audacity, or anything else that records. A good sound card with balanced inputs is recommended for this sort of thing. You can also add ram to your Motif ES, and resample a song or pattern using a free track, then export that to wav on a flash drive, then import into audacity, or whatever. Cleanest option, although more complicated.

Rainee wrote:
Has anyone used the Motif ES with Audacity? Can you record with it using by connecting it to the computer via USB, or do you have to use the basic midi cables to do it? Hoping my question made sense.

--
Free gift 4 U at
http://www.raineemusic.com.

For links to all Motif info for blind owners, visit www.MoAccess.info.
To change your list options and view archives for the MoAccess list, visit
www.freelists.org/list/moaccess.