Re: [MoAccess] Midi recording with Motif xf

  • From: Edu Camargo <edumusico@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:12:42 -0300

In fact nothing is wrong, except that by default the MIDI in/out parameter is set to MIDI because most of the people would normally use MIDI connections when doing production with software. You have to set MIDI in/out parameter to USB. Research on this issue made me find out that this parameter can be accessed on Motif XF by pressing utility|F5|SF2, but I'll let for a Motif XF owner to help you on the exact location of this parameter, since I own the XS. Also make sure that propper USB driver is installed on your computer. And don't forget to press store on your XF to use this configuration as default.

Hope I could shed some light.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.

Em 18/4/2011 06:02, Haipeng Hu escreveu:
Hello,
   I just got started with Motif Xf 8. I can now successfully record
audio tracks into Sonar 8.5, but not midi tracks. I use midi-to-usb
cables, and don't set anything in Motif. THe default connection is
already Midi. When I load Garritan Steinway Pro's Stage Side preset
into my track, the recorded result is always Steinway, but the speaker
sent out Motif's sound, even when changing to other instruments such
as strings. What's wrong? Local Control needn't be off, because the
person helping me install the device didn't turn it off while linked
it to correct soft synth sounds. He's now back to Beijing, so I don't
know how to present my problem to him.  Does anyone know what's wrong
with my operation?

Regards
Haipeng
list, please use the FreeLists page.