[MoAccess] Inquiry: Motif XF, Visual Cursor?

  • From: Bobbi Blood <phantomess666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:50:14 -0700

Hello Listers,

Do any of you know how the XF GUI lets you know something is selected?  Some
devices will, for example, put a black box around the item that has focus.
Others have a light next to it that lights up.  Still others will simply
highlight the item in a different color so that the selected item is markedly
different visually so you know it's in focus.

I realize this is an odd question to ask a primarily blind audience, but I
thought I'd put it out here in case someone here has enough sight to see the
screen.  If I am going to be working with someone who is as unfamiliar with the
XF as I am, it will be good to at least tell them what things look like once
selected so that I can properly make sure that my sighted companion knows just
what to look for if he has visual questions during the learning process.

Even if my best bet is to go to a local music store and have a look for myself,
say so.  But while I'm waiting for the opportunity, it won't hurt to see if I
can get the answer to one of many questions and have one less thing to worry
about.  Thanks muchly for reading, and I hope to hear from you.

Most Sincerely,

Bobbi