[mit-ac6] Re: read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • From: Neil Santos <ne0_akt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Louie Mark <mit-ac6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:17:31 +0800

>> [Thursday] 9/26/2002 :: 7:38 PM -- REPLY
>> Message from  :: Louie Mark
>> Message about :: [mit-ac6] read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>Dear all: > A movie that is coming out in 2002 claiming that > both,
>>Jesus and his > disciples were gay. There is already a play that
>>went > on for a while. > The > play and movie are titled "Corpus
>>Christi" which is > Latin and > translates to > "Body of Christ." >
>>This is sickening and revolting to all true believers!

This is something I never really quite understood...

Why is it that Christians are quick to take offense in forms that seem
to challenge orthodox (whether or not they actually challenge orthodox
is moot), and yet proclaim themselves to be `liberal' when it comes to
religious ideas?

They can watch and objectively criticize art forms that seem to
criticize other philosophies, and then wonder why the followers of
that philosophy are so offended, when they themselves are guilty of
the charge...

It doesn't even have to come from people of other races; I've often
received a lingering glance whenever I'd speak about my `Impeach God'
idea...

Kung kelangan nyo ng translation, magtanong lang kayo.  Nasanay na
kasi ako ng English kapag electronic ung means ng communication eh.

-------
``... I don't suppose we shall see them again.''
        -- Frodo, from `The Fellowship of the Ring', by J.R.R. Tolkien

... KILL, v.t.  To create a vacancy without nominating a successor.