[mit-ac6] Fwd: I Wish You Enough

  • From: chrysoberyl fajardo <chryso_beryl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: othaniel philip balisan <othaphi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:36:20 -0800 (PST)

Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 20:14:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: pamela sherry gascon <sherry_gascon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fwd: I Wish You Enough
To: Ate silet <finemuzik@xxxxxxxxx>, jay bound <jay_bound@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

Yahoo!?<br>
Videos, & more<br>
--0-17455563-1034219646=:1222--
--0-1768938917-1034219646=:1222

Subject: I Wish You Enough
From: "Cathy Shelnutt" <cshelnut@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:27:44 -0400

I Wish You Enough

   At an airport I overheard a father and daughter in their last moment=
 together. They had announced her plane's departure and standing near t=
he
 door She said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Yo=
ur
  love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."=A0 They ki=
ssed
                          good-bye and she left.

   He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there =
   could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his=

  privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye =
                   someone knowing it would be forever?"

   "Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of=

    expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me.=

 Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him fa=
ce
to face how much he meant to me. So I knew what this man was experienci=
ng.

 "Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?" I asked.=A0=
 "I
  am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and t=
he
     reality is, her next trip back will be for my funeral, " he said.

"When you were saying good-bye I heard you say, 'I wish you enough.' Ma=
y I
                           ask what that means?"

  He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from othe=
   generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a=

  moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smile=
                                even more.

  "When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person t=
 have a life filled with enough good things to sustain them," he contin=
ued
 and then turning toward me he shared the following as if he were recit=
ing
                              it from memory.

            I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
            I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
          I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
   I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much=

                                  bigger.
              I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
        I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
     I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye."

                   He then began to sob and walked away.

              My friends and loved ones, I wish you ENOUGH!!!

     They say, "It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to
  appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forge=
    them." Send this phrase to the people you'll never forget and also
remember to send it to the person who sent it to you. It's a short mess=
age
  to let them know that you'll never forget them. If you don't send it =
anyone, it means you're in a hurry and that you've forgotten your frien=
ds.
                          Take the time to live!

=

--0-1768938917-1034219646=:1222--