[misug] 1-Day Conference abstract deadline extended and student scholarships available

  • From: "Nancy B" <brucken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <misug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 02:41:25 -0500

Join us for our next meeting- a 1-Day SAS Conference on Thursday, June 7 at Schoolcraft College in Livonia, MI!

We're planning a full day of SAS presentations, featuring speakers from SAS, along with special guest Art Carpenter and others. Visit our website at http://www.misug.org for more details, as they become available. Art Carpenter will also be offering training classes on June 6 and June 8; topics will be announced shortly.

We are now accepting abstracts for 10-, 20- and 50-minute presentations to complete the conference program. Presentations should cover various aspects of SAS, including programming tips, applications you have developed, statistical methods you have used, or anything else you feel might be useful to the community of fellow SAS users. Please submit your abstract (a paragraph describing your presentation) to info@xxxxxxxxx, along with your name, contact email address and phone number, by Friday, March 16 (deadline has been extended). Presenters will receive a discount on their conference registration fee.

Calling all students! We will again be awarding 2 scholarships to this year's 1-Day Conference; the scholarship will cover the conference registration fee. Please download the scholarship application from http://www.misug.org and submit it by May 1, following the instructions on the application.

Please see the message below. Although the February 21 meeting it describes has passed, consider the following.

The Detroit Chapter of the American Statistical Association (DCASA) holds several such Chapter meetings each year. We are now scheduling speakers for Fall 2012, and would like to ask you to consider giving a presentation on a statistical topic of your choice. The Fall dates are
September 11, October 9, and November 13.

These meetings usually start at 6:15 PM, with the speaker's presentation at 6:30 PM. Of recent, we have been webcasting these meetings (including the speaker's presentation) from 2 sites: One Ford Place near Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, and Oakland University in Rochester. So the presenter now has 2 venues to choose from.

Please contact Lance Heilbrun at heilbrun@xxxxxxxxxxxx if you would like to be a speaker at a DCASA meeting this Fall, and on which date.

More information about DCASA can be found at http://www.amstat.org/chapters/detroit/frames.html. Here's the description of the February meeting.

Dear Detroit Chapter Member,

The next Chapter Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday February 21, 2012, in Room 3C00, 1 Ford Place, Detroit MI.

Please note that room 200A Elliot Hall on the Oakland University campus will *not* be open for this meeting.

Brady T. West, Ph.D. will give a presentation entitled "An Overview of Current Software Procedures for Fitting Linear Mixed Models"

Refreshments at 6:15 PM, presentation at 6:30.

As usual we plan to "web cast" the presentation, so you also have the option of viewing the presentation online. A meeting announcement with further details (including directions to the meeting site and information about the online viewing option) will be sent to you upon request.

Please be aware that the February speaker plans to broadcast the presentation from a remote location, and will not be physically present
at the meeting site.   Hope to see you at the meeting!

Detroit Chapter Board