[missbirdphotos] Photoshop Elements

  • From: Dana Swan <danaswan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:02:43 -0500

This post is for those of you who do not own Photoshop Elements ("PSE")
version 9 or 10. One of the features introduced in version 9 was the Spot
Healing Brush-Content Aware feature. If you are leaning toward Photoshop
Elements, this feature alone may convince you. It is a feature that allows
you to "touch up" or "touch out" parts of your photos and the only skills
required are knowing how to click a mouse. Judy mentioned this feature as
being able to remove beer bottles, trash, etc. from your photos. I am
attaching two photos showing this feature. They are not bird photos, but
rather are of the Abbey of St. Mary’s in York, England. I took them with a
point and shoot Canon which I carry in my pocket when I am tired of lugging
my Nikon D5000 around. In one photo, you can see three people and a sign in
the original photo. With just a few clicks of the mouse, the offending
portions of the photo are removed. Somewhat amazing when you consider that
my retouching skills are minimal. Those pesky power lines that appear in
our photos are no match for the Spot Healing Brush.

--
Dana Swan at Toccopola, Mississippi.
*There are two kinds of men in this world.   *